5/20/08

today


One of the little known facts about me is that I am a HUGE chicken when it comes to scary movies. I don't watch horror movies at all. I didn't sleep for like 10 days after seeing "Signs" (I know what you're thinking- that's not a scary movie!) Needless to say, the movie "The Sixth Sense" made a lasting impression on me. It totally creeped me out and certain images from the film are still vivid in my mind, even though I saw it 7 years ago!


Now on to a different topic that will be relevant to the first. Several years ago when we were first living at the Release Home, one of the chores was emptying the dishwasher at night. One teen in particular would open all the cabinets before unloading the dishwasher in order to help figure out where things went. Then he would usually leave them all open after finishing his chore. Inevitably I would wake up in the night and head to the kitchen for a glass of water, and when I flipped on the light every cabinet would be open. (For those of you who have not seen "Sixth Sense"- this is similar to a scene in the movies where a dead person has left the kitchen like that in order to communicate something. ) And it would freak me out.


That story has become somewhat of a legend around here. So every once in awhile, like today, I walk into the kitchen and see...

I don't scream any more when they do it so you'd think it wouldn't be that fun. But they still get a kick out of it. Thanks, guys.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

I'm glad to know that there's someone else out there who was scared after watching "Signs"!!! I was frozen in my chair after watching that... interestingly enough it was because Garrett had just recently had us listen to something about nephulem (sp?) and demons being aliens before we went and saw that movie. I'm not kidding either, I was scared out of my mind! I made Jacob take me home and pray with me before he left my house (this was when we were dating).

Anyway, I can't believe that little man in the tub is that little baby I couldn't keep my hands off of!!! They're both so big! We definitely need to come see you guys. Keep us in your prayers... Jacob is still looking for a job. He's been blessed to have a position at Hospitals of Hope (it pays the bills!), but I'm pretty sure it's not where he'd like to stay. His resume is out everywhere and has had some interviews, but we're still waiting for God's leading!

Love you guys!
Nicole