6/27/08

48 hours

Garrett and I are spending two days away. Right now we are lounging around at 10 in the morning with no kids to feed or teens to drive. It's just so...quiet.

The funny thing about being a mom is that it makes your idea of "time off" shift. I don't need to travel (though that would be nice). I don't need to eat out at fancy restaurants (though I am excited about Chipotle for lunch). I don't need a manicure, spa visit, shopping spree. On my vacation, I simply want the finer things in life.

I want to wake up after 7:00 a.m. I want to shower without concern for hot water, dry my hair without darting to answer the phone, and use the bathroom without my three year-old banging on the door and yelling "Little pig, Little pig! Let me in!" I want to talk to my husband without interruptions. Wander with no agenda. Eat when we're hungry. Sleep when we're tired. (sigh) It's perfect.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Have a fantastic weekend together!!! Happy Anniversary (tomorrow!)! We love you guys!
Nicole