6/14/08

catching up

The new computer calls for a quick photo update of the last few weeks. It's amazing how many pictures can be taken in less than 14 days- I promise I used restraint in only posting these.
Sometimes we put Isaac in a helmet to protect him from...
...his affectionate older brother. They are quite a pair and still pretty crazy about each other.
I walked in on the boys in room time to find them in this position. The only difference is that when I found them they were actually giggling. Isaac got mad that I appeared and then went to grab the camera, making the picture a bit less happy.


Russell is around for the summer and it is so nice to see him on a regular basis (living right down the street). We recently celebrated his first year of college and invitation to try out for Wayne State football in August.
Here's a shot of the cake- it was fun to have an excuse to make one.

Isaac is so busy...I'm not sure how to describe it. In five minutes he is clearing the book shelf, tunneling under the dining room table and then searching through kitchen cabinets. Feeling quite mobile and quite stubborn. And quite cute.

In other news, I have just emerged from a three day, book-induced, reading frenzy . I got sucked into this series by Stephenie Meyer, reading a novel a day on Thursday, Friday, and today. Needless to say, they are good and each one gets better.(I have no idea where I found the time...the days were unusually quiet and I guess I was just committed. Makes excuses for not having time for laundry seem pretty unrealistic) It was kind of invigorating to be glued to a book but I am thankful to be done for now...until the sequel comes out in August! =)

3 comments:

Tawnya said...

Way to go Beck on the cake! Looks fabulous and what a special way to celebrate!

Sarah said...

I think I have the two cutest nephews in the entire world!!! They both have such adorable smiles. I can't wait to see them in a few weeks!

Gisele said...

way to go on the BOOKS becky. i LOVED them. they destroyed my life while i was reading them. i was completely worthless until i'd read them all. SO GOOD:)