9/10/08

Weeks behind

I've been in a blogging slump lately. The combination of tired and busy has not created many opportunities to sit down and update the 'ol blog. So sorry about that. There have been so many not-exciting-but-quite-photogenic events of the last week. So here are a few...
We went to the zoo with some old friends of ours who just moved to Omaha. The cool weather has made it so much nicer to be out and about.
Drew cutting watermelon for our Labor Day BBQ. He was quite a helper. Also you will notice the new "radiant red" kitchen- it looks even better in person and I LOVE it!

I-man on the move (as usual). One week ago today he pulled a hot iron down and burned his left hand (you'll notice the bandages in all the pics). He was fine after the first ten minutes. He does not like to sit still for bandage changes, but other than that he seems unaffected. The doc says it is healing up nicely.

Flowers from my sweet husband =) Drew covered himself in the stickers that he got in the mail from his aunt and uncle in the Windy City. He took very seriously their suggestion to stick them all over himself and Isaac.

We were riding in the car last week and Isaac was babbling away. Drew turned to us and said, "Does Isaac speak Spanish?" =) That is a new personal favorite of mine.
The BIG news of the week is that Isaac is sleeping until 6:30 a.m.!!!!!!!!!!! I know this may not seem like big news to you, but if you had been waking up at 5:15 a.m. for the last 7 months, your joy would resonate with mine in this situation. I am so thankful for this development and the little guy seems a bit happier, too.
Over and out.









4 comments:

Lucy said...

Hey Becky!
I've emailed you at every address I have for you with no response so either you're avoiding me, or they're all wrong... which I think is the case! Anyway, email me at nicolestrain@gmail.com.
Nicole

Tawnya said...

Hey congrats on the 6:30am wake-up time! Truman is an early riser through and through as well (6am or earlier), no matter what we've done. So I'm with you on your excitement. Also, LOVE the red! So fun to see your pics.

Christy said...

Yay for 6:30!! I totally understand...ours has been up between 4:30 and 5:30 lately and it is draining, for sure. I am encouraged to know that there is hope... :)

Jenni said...

I love the Spanish question! so cute. And I'm 100% sympathetic to your early riser - I have one too. We have been enjoying the later wake up lately as well. And its kind of nice to feel like you slept till noon when its only 7am!