1/26/09

an interesting question

"What color will our little girl be? Pink or brown?"

I was caught off guard by this question and replied to Drew that our little girl would probably be about the same color as him and Isaac.
Check Spelling
Drew, seeming a bit doubtful, replied, "Sometimes a family can be different colors."

So true.

Sometimes I think about our work here at the home and I can convince myself that I am some kind of martyr for what we do. And then my toddler says that, and I remember that we are so privileged and our lives have all been changed by this home.

Such a good reminder not to bear my blessings as burdens.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

Goodness, I love that kid!

Derrick, Shelbie, and Kai said...

Happy Birthday Drew!!!
Uncle D and Aunt Shelbz

Gisele said...

i need to remember that too!!! i love that you remember what your little guys' say.