3/22/09

32 weeks: let the swelling begin

Woke up this morning to the arrival of my old friends, the "cankles". (That is the word that my husband invented during pregnancy #1 to describe the joining of my calves and ankles into one long, swollen shape. Basically the absence of ankles.) It's not really that bad yet...but the beginning signs are there. Good news- we're getting closer to the end. Bad news...I have cankles. So, there you have it.

I did some shopping at a consignment sale yesterday and got lots of great deals on little girl clothes. I came home with quite a stash of outfits and a little bag of hair bows and head bands. For some reason, Drew is ALL about the idea of our little girl in "bow ties"- those darling little bows you clip (velcro, tape, etc.) onto baby girl's heads. Today in the car I said, "Drew, I am so excited for our little girl to come!" To which he replied,"Me, too! I want to put a little bow on her right when she comes out!"

Isaac is also starting to get the idea. He taps my stomach and says, "My be-be!" Such characters.

We are digital camera-less, a situation we will need to remedy before our new one makes her arrival. So that is the reason for the absence of photos lately. Hope to remedy that soon.

On a totally unrelated note, we watched "Twilight" tonight with our crowd. I was surprised that I didn't hate it. Though totally different from the book, there were parts that definitely captured the spirit of the story and it was kind of fun to see. Just another movie to add to the "Movies that are not as good as the book" list. Have you every watched a movie that you felt was better than the book it was based on? Hmmm...I don't think so.

Well, I am minutes away from missing my goal of being in bed by 11:00 this week. So a quick good-bye and hope you had a good weekend!

6 comments:

Derrick, Shelbie, and Kai said...

Cankles huh? Never got to that point with Kai.....not looking forward to it. On the Twilight comments....agree completely. Never better than the book. I'm really working hard to stay awake for Breaking Dawn right now (it's good, but I only avg. 3-5 pages at a time!) Excited for my little nieces hair bows!!!

Victoria said...

Oh, Swelling, you uninvited guest. You serve no real purpose, yet make your mark as if it is your right. Your silent presence vexes me.

On the bright side of things, after the baby is born and the cankles go away, you'll feel down-right dainty. :)

Tawnya said...

Way to go on the consignment finds! I just love those places and hope to snag some deals of my own this summer! Praying for you as the weeks dwindle and swelling increases:(

Josh said...

I found your blog a little ironic.... a few posts ago it was along the theme of "I must decrease so He may increase" Your movie point is well taken, especially on John Grisham books! One exception may be the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, with Gene Wilder and the good Oompa Loompas. What do you think the worst attempt was? I would say Angelas Ashes by Frank Mccourt.

Laura Brooker said...

You are so funny!
I love reading your updates and always wind up smiling big all the way through.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Laura

Mike and Lisa said...

If little ladies feet go "pitter pat" what sound do pregnant cankles make?
I love reading your blog!!! Hope you and Garrett are doing well.

Mike Dennis