- When cleaning hard floors- sweep, VACUUM, and then mop. It sounds nuts but the vacuum will pick up a layer of dust that the broom just can't. Suddenly you will be able to use the same bucket of mop water for multiple rooms because the floor is significantly cleaner after you vacuum. It takes a while to get used to vacuuming your bathroom, but it works. Trust me, I'm a professional...sort of.
- After you clean the bathroom mirror with Windex (everything else is but a poor imitation), use that damp paper towel to wipe down all the chrome (faucets, towel racks,TP holder). Your bathroom will sing.
- Stainless steel will not get clean unless you buy stainless steel cleaner. It's just reality.
- The secret to getting clean tile and counter tops is to dry it after you scrub it. So have a clean, dry hand towel with you and immediately dry everything.
- If you have a pet that sheds, shave it and buy it clothing. (Kidding again...mostly)
Ok...only two posts left in this 'blog everything at once' post. You doing ok? Maybe take a break and get a dr. pepper...no, really, please do.
I recently helped to start a book club. For our first month we read "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortensen, a memoir about a man who has founded over 50 schools in Afghanistan and Pakistan. This month we are reading "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. It's extremely well-written...not sure exactly what I think yet. It has a way of kind of getting under your skin and making you lay in bed at night and wonder if your neighbor might be a serial killer. Certainly creepy (anyone seen the movie?) but possibly redemptive. I'm still working through that.
And last but not least, the new old house is looking tres fabulous. Kitchen and baths are almost finished. Garrett is working to patch the walls and prep for painting- hopefully to come in the near future. Here are some pictures- first of the kitchen when we bought the house:and then six weeks ago...
and as it looked tonight! Yahoo!!!
And here is a look at the wall that was the bathroom and future laundry room/pantry...