9/3/10

really quick 5

It's Friday and we are getting camptastic around here.  Hope your Labor Day weekend is awesome. 


1. This verse is rocking my world this week: "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:32


2. Nothing ruins the taste of diet soda like drinking a real soda. Sheesh.


3.Last week at soccer, our neighbor turned to Drew and said, "Drew, you are going to have the best soccer coach in the world!"  to which Drew replied, "My mom?" Nice to know that I am still a soccer player in someone's eyes, even if I'm not even one in my own mind anymore.


4. We are grilling pizza for 40 pizza tonight.  At a campground.  This feat that I have been telling my husband for weeks that I didn't want to do for our family because it is too much work, we are doing for 40...outside...on grills...and card tables... we are officially nuts. And we are all stoked.


5. My body is turning on me.  Neck and back are all out of whack.  Suddenly have this skin allergy to tomatoes; oh, the irony when I have tons of them to chop!  It reminds me of how Santiago in The Old Man and the Sea referred to his left hand as being treacherous when it cramped on him during the big catch.  I find myself muttering similar sentiments, "You traitor..."


That's all.  May Jesus be your all and His joy be your song and His hope be the only hope you have.

No comments: