10/1/10

quick 5

1. Tonight we (my little gentlemen and I) are hosting a spur of the moment movie night with our neighbor kids (ages 7, 4 and 2) After getting the idea approved by neighbor mom, we rushed into the house to make preparations. I told the boys we needed to think about how to be really good hosts. Cups were found and filled. Popcorn began popping. Drew rounded up blankets so that everyone could "get a good snuggle". Isaac found stuffed animals. I cleared all the clean laundry off of the couch. Drew said he was glad they had to eat dinner because that gave him some really good time to brainstorm.After burning the first bag of popcorn (my microwave is having ISSUES, people) I said I would eat the burnt bag. "Now THAT is being a good host!" remarked Drew. So fun. Right now all five kids are sitting on the couch, popcorn in hand, as The Artistocats plays.

2. Ella is talking now! Her vocabulary is growing by a few words each week. Some of her latest words are juice, cheese, fish, shoes, teeth, and Tigger (thank you, Mrs. Nise-y). She is at one of the most difficult points of toddlerhood: maximum mobility and minimum reasoning. Quite the handful these days, but her personality is delightful and I do love having a little lady around. This morning she insisted on a dress and can almost form the word!

3. Last night I was invited to soak in a friend's hot tub. I soaked. I sipped an orange julius. I was totally relaxed. And then I dashed home, scribbled everything off my Christmas list, and wrote in bold marker HOT TUB. And then I faxed it to Santa.

4. Have I mentioned my camera broke while on vacation? Yes, tis true. I did manage to snap this little moment of joy in my daughter's life before the lights went out on my camera.

I think I have a similar picture of me at this age, but I am crying from meeting Santa (hope that doesn't affect my chances for the hot tub.)

5. Garrett is gone for the weekend and I checked out some old movies from the library, Anastasia with Ingrid Bergman, and Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn. Not sure which one I will watch first but I am stoked!!!! Classic Chick Flick Movie Night (CCFMN) begins at 9:00. All ladies welcome. Seriously, come on over and bring some popcorn while you're at it (these kids eat popcorn like little termites! Three bags devoured since I started this post...sheesh) And if you want to bring some Dr. pepper, well, that's just icing on the cake.


Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I didn't see the CCFMN announcement until midnight. What did you watch?

Remember, you heard it here in the hot tub . . .

from Mrs. Writer's Block

Anonymous said...

Okay, apparently it really is midnight, because I just reread you post, and it was obvious what you were going to watch.

I feel like a big dummy.

I'm blaming the orange julius ...

Becky said...

I watched Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. It has so many good one liners, but a lot more dancing cheek to cheek for long amounts of time than I remember!