11/8/10

faith of isaac

More and more, Isaac is emerging from a grunting toddler into a full-fledged preschooler. He has ideas.  He has opinions. He has a score of knock-knock jokes.  But he is also beginning his own faith journey. Though his tantrums come and come, we are fighting through them and trying to encourage him to have self-control, talk instead of yell, and have a soft heart to correction (and the wooden spoon encourages on occasion as well.) 


Last week we had a challenging few days of stubbornness.  One morning he prayed:


Dear God,
Thanks for the food. Thank you for Drew. Mama. Daddy. Ella. Help me have a kind heart.  Help me be a good boy. Help me not be nasty.  Help me go camping. Amen.


That prayer was encouraging to me!


This morning he began singing "The E-O-E-O-B" (otherwise known as The B-I-B-L-E).  =)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Isaac's passion. What a sweet little boy!