11/21/10

watching ella nap

Nap time has come (and by now- almost gone) with little sleeping.  Rushing in from an outing, the kids were hurriedly settled and then put down. After settling the boys in, I heard Ella still chirping, so I went in to re-settle her.


The little lady has a bit of a cold today, and breathing with a pacifier is proving to be tricky.  So I pulled her out of the crib, collected the things that she had tossed here and there, and pulled her into my lap.  We rocked for awhile; finally her breathing slowed and her body relaxed. Sleep, blessed sleep. As she slept I just watched her and let my thoughts wander.


Gosh, she is beautiful.


What a blessing she is to our family.


Wish she would let me hold her more.


She's so much more peaceful when she's sleeping.


And then I wondered if maybe my heavenly Father ever thought similar things as He watches me sleep. 


Gosh, she is beautiful.

What a blessing she is to our family.

Wish she would let me hold her more.

She's so much more peaceful when she's sleeping.

Just a thought for the Sabbath.



No comments: