12/8/10

the critical mass

No, we are not discussing my weight, thank you very much.

I was pondering instead the great question that fuels the fire of all bloggers: how do you get people to comment? I mean, if the cutest video ever of my own darling son saying John 1:29 can't elicit comments...well, they just aren't out there.

I told Garrett the other day, "This blog had 68 hits today and no comments. Sheesh." Then I thought about how many blogs I had read over the last few months...and how little I comment.  So I guess it's just the way of things.

Don't get me wrong, I am not striving to be The Pioneer Woman who has 5,000 comments on each post.  But there's something funny about blogging that makes you feel like you are having a one-sided conversation, when in reality it is not a conversation but more like a self-published book.

So there you have it. Other problems I am attempting to solve...

My sweet Ella is into everything.  I know I've said that before but it is more true now.  Yesterday she dumped out the fish food just minutes before emptying the litter box. Oh, man.  Someone get that girl under control! (Oh right...that's my job)

Nap time drama. My five year old is probably ready to drop his nap, but my three-year old is so resistant to change that I am putting it off. (This is where you say, "Buck up, mom. Git 'er done." Thanks- I needed that.)

I would also like you to know that today I am wearing a hat.  I believe this counts as an accessory and the first progress I have made on my New Year's resolution of 2008 to accessorize. Better late than never...though I guess it depends on the resolution.

Well, guess that's all for now.   My boys are calling and Ella is hollerin' from the crib. I have Christmas party #3 tonight and I can safely say that I am almost Christmas partied out.  Almost.

5 comments:

The Kimbles said...

"One-sided conversation..." exactly! And I'll admit to being a faithful reader and a TERRIBLE commenter. The days I blog I check my email, Facebook and blog about a hundred times to see if there is any feedback.

All this to say, I feel ya, sister. And will try to do my part to uplift you in the comment world. :)

Teresa said...

The hat was adorable. It definitely did not turn out to be a mistake, as almost all hats are.
You must be related to your sister.

In all fairness, probably 8 or 9 of your 68 hits were from me, because whenever I jump on the 'puter (as Esther calls it) I drop by garrettandbecky to see any new poignant comments my friend has made to amuse, challenge, or enlighten me. I'll try to just check once a day. :)

You're a great writer, and I love reading your thoughts!

Anonymous said...

A Wednesdaay blog! What a nice suprise! I love your sarcastic humor - the 2008 resolution to accesorize. Thanks for making me laugh! Talk to you later today! Mom

Christy said...

I'm wearing a hat today too, but only out of the necessity of not showering one to many days in a row...whatever works, I guess?

Tawnya said...

Becky...love your blog....check it often....but am often trying to "get-on and get-off" (my computer moto:), so fast that I don't often take the time to comment on most people's blogs lately - sorry friend!