12/6/10

deep breath

Coming off a hectic weekend and just enjoying the slow pace of this morning. We hosted church yesterday for lunch (just an intimate little gathering of 35 of us) and then hightailed it to my folks' Christmas open house. "What a great day," Drew sighed, "No naps."

The boys and I had a delightful time decorating the Christmas tree on Saturday night. It was a classic moment of my desire to ignore reality when it is burdensome.  So at 7:05 Saturday evening, when I realized I still had a lot of work to do to have the house ready for the next day, my mind went to, "Let's put up the Christmas tree!" Really?  Really? Ah, well.  The boys enjoyed the decorating and Ella has been un-decorating it ever since.

Room time is rapidly expiring so I have to run. Here's the answers to the movie quotes from Friday:
  1. My Big Fat Greek Wedding- 
  2. The Fellowship of the Ring- "It would seem like wisdom but for the warning in my heart."
  3. Return to Me- "I got it, Gracie, I got it."
  4. How to Marry a Millionaire- "That's not for people- that's for blizzards!"
  5. You've Got Mail- "It was personal to me."
That's it for now.  Happiest of Mondays to you.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow, "How to Marry a Millionare"! I've seen that movie at least half a dozen times recently and I still can't remember that quote! Did you know there's talk of a remake? Yeah.