7/7/11

slow and steady gettin' ready

 We are 4 or 5 weeks out from the arrival of baby girl. Still trying to take it easy a bit as contractions are my constant companion. The weather is heating up and with that we have retreated indoors, though the boys still spend plenty of time in the yard and return home smelling salty and ripe. Ah, the smells of summer.


Ella is hanging inside with me due to a little diagnosis called strep throat.  Not sure where she caught it but the antibiotics are kicking in and she is perking up. One side effect is that added to her usual doctor routine of checking my heartbeat and looking in my ears, she now wants to jam something down my throat to "check it out". Sheesh.

In other news, my little men are preparing for a wedding debut as...um...well I'm not sure what their official title is. Ring bearers? Jr. groomsmen? I dunno. But I do know that they are crazy cute in these little grey suits that arrived from JC Penney. The wedding is over Labor Day in Colorado and we are all looking forward to it. Garrett and Ella will also be in the wedding- baby and I will be attending, taking pictures, fixing hair, finding socks, passing out fruit snacks, etc.

I have several other random things to say but I better save some material for the quick 5. We are anticipating the arrival of a weekend guest whom some of you may know. I won't spoil the surprise, but I am anticipating a weekend full of good memories and bad puns. Any guesses? 

Guess that's all for now. More tomorrow.


1 comment:

Lucy said...

Gracious... crazy cute doesn't even BEGIN to describe how insanely handsome those little men look!