10/14/11

quick 5

So here we are again at the quick 5.

1. For the month of October, a whole host of bloggers are participating in a "31 Days" blogging phenomenon. That is, they are blogging about a certain topic every day for the entire month.  I considered participating for about about 4.6 seconds, when I realized that I barely get the quick 5 out once a week- blogging every single day? Not so much. But I have thought about what would I have chosen to write about each day: 31 Pet Peeves (sounds like a depressing thing to think about each day). 31 Foods I Would Drive Over an Hour to Eat. 31 Movies I wish I hadn't seen. 31 Parenting Mistakes I have Made. 31 Things in my Closet that no longer fit.  I know- what a list. However, there are so many people participating in the challenge that actually do have noteworthy things to say each day. The two I have been following are The Nester, with 31 Days of Lovely Limitations, and my college buddy, Tori, who is brimming with book ideas at 31 Days of Reading. (For the whole list of 31 Day blogs, click here.)

2. However, on a similar note that is not all that similar but does involve a commitment to writing a certain amount in one month, I am getting stoked for NaNoWrMo. This is a competition (but more like a challenge) to write 50,000 words in one month. It starts November 1 and I am counting down. While perusing the website, I noticed one description of the event say something like "a time to let our dishes and laundry pile up, order pizza, and give ourselves to writing for a month." Hmmmm....is it a bad sign if my dishes and laundry are already piling up, and it hasn't started yet? Uh-oh.

3. It was birthday week in our family. Happy Birthday to my dad, who is now 55, and to my brother-in-law, Matt, who turned the BIG 3-0!

4. I've been an allrecipes.com guru lately. Here are some of the tried and true recipes that are jackpots in my book:

Bread Machine Calzones (made them with alfredo instead- yum!)
Apple Turnovers  (need I say more?)
Simply White Bread  (uses honey instead of sugar and can bake on the fastbake setting. This means fresh bread in ONE HOUR, people!!!! I make it at least 4 times a week)
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies (crazy good- a big hit with lots of friends)
Whole Jar of Peanut Butter Cookies (yes- a whole jar! some of the best cookie dough ever)


5. Tessa is waking to eat (yes, she does that now, about half of the time). So I gotta run. I feel like this quick 5 was a little uninspired but such is life, or life right now anyways. Have a great weekend!



3 comments:

Victoria said...

Will you think less of me if you find out that I don't actually blog every day? I've written a bunch in advance...I write a few posts in each sitting, and then schedule one to appear a day. Does that count as blogging every day? Probably not. :)

Christy said...

The only 31-days blog that I've been following is Impress Your Kids. It's a site I think you would like! www.impressyourkids.org. If you have time to add one more thing to read... :)

Becky said...

Tori- OF COURSE I don't think less of you for being organized and planning ahead well. That has always been a superpower of yours.

Christi- thanks for the recommendation. I would like to check it out!