Today is pumpkin patch day around here. When I think of the pumpkin patch, I can't help but think of Charlie Brown. Anyone else watch that one when you were a kid?
1. Yesterday Drew asked me if more people in the world speak English or Spanish. We asked our friend, Google, and found that the answer was English. As we read through the chart of the 30 most spoken languages in the world, Drew asked what number 30 was. "Polish," I answered. "Is that what they speak at the North Pole?" he replied.
2. We are getting a tarantula. I know. Sheesh. I have reconciled myself to this idea, and find it not nearly as creepy as I would have years ago. Do you think you could sleep at night in a house that has a tarantula living in it? Guess I'll find out the answer to that question.
3. This week I overheard Drew and Isaac having a conversation about jail. Isaac was visibly upset, to the point of tears. The part I caught went like this.
Isaac: But I don't want to go to jail!
Drew: You only go to jail if you do bad things.
Isaac: Like fussing?
4. Ella entered the kitchen on Tuesday to inform me that the cats had pooped on the side of the house and not to touch it 'cause it bites. "It bites?" I asked. Drew entered behind her and explained, "It's the only thing she's scared of. So if I don't want her to touch something, I just tell her that it bites." I immediately informed Ella that my cell phone, car keys, and laptop bite hard.
5. I'm tired. I'm new levels of tired. I had one of those days this week where your mind starts telling you strange things and you know it's not true, but it feels like the truest thing you've ever heard. Days when the truth isn't even comforting, but you have to just will yourself to believe it and act comforted. And somewhere along the way you start to feel it. So I guess that explains the lack of 'zip' in this little quick 5 post.
Have a good weekend, big wide world! See you on the flip side...or at the pumpkin patch!