10/21/11

quick 5

Today is pumpkin patch day around here. When I think of the pumpkin patch, I can't help but think of Charlie Brown. Anyone else watch that one when you were a kid?

1. Yesterday Drew asked me if more people in the world speak English or Spanish. We asked our friend, Google, and found that the answer was English. As we read through the chart of the 30 most spoken languages in the world, Drew asked what number 30 was. "Polish," I answered. "Is that what they speak at the North Pole?" he replied.

2. We are getting a tarantula. I know. Sheesh. I have reconciled myself to this idea, and find it not nearly as creepy as I would have years ago. Do you think you could sleep at night in a house that has a tarantula living in it? Guess I'll find out the answer to that question.

3. This week I overheard Drew and Isaac having a conversation about jail. Isaac was visibly upset, to the point of tears. The part I caught went like this.

Isaac: But I don't want to go to jail!
Drew: You only go to jail if you do bad things.
Isaac: Like fussing?

4.  Ella entered the kitchen on Tuesday to inform me that the cats had pooped on the side of the house and not to touch it 'cause it bites. "It bites?" I asked. Drew entered behind her and explained, "It's the only thing she's scared of. So if I don't want her to touch something, I just tell her that it bites." I immediately informed Ella that my cell phone, car keys, and laptop bite hard.

5. I'm tired. I'm new levels of tired. I had one of those days this week where your mind starts telling you strange things and you know it's not true, but it feels like the truest thing you've ever heard. Days when the truth isn't even comforting, but you have to just will yourself to believe it and act comforted. And somewhere along the way you start to feel it. So I guess that explains the lack of 'zip' in this little quick 5 post.

Have a good weekend, big wide world! See you on the flip side...or at the pumpkin patch!

4 comments:

rachel said...

from recent personal experience, I'll just second how untrustworthy our feelings are! Press on in willing your soul to believe the truth of Scripture!

Plus, everything just feels weird when you're tired. Turn on a loud sound machine so you don't hear those kids when they wake up in the night. ha! =)

hang in there!
rach

Jamie said...

Ah ha! Thank you for putting into words all that I have felt this week. Your #5 is exactly how I have felt this week. It's great to know I'm not alone and that I shouldn't trust my tired feelings. :) I hope you have a fabulous and restful time at the Pumpkin Patch. Thank you for always bringing a smile to the end of my week.

Derrick, Shelbie, kai, Addalyn and Eli said...

The cats AND tarantula may slow my visit up just a bit!! LOL Not a spider person.

Alicia T said...

Hey Becky - just had to comment on how thankful I was to read your tired comment. This week we moved into our temporary home (while we try to sell ours), and the tired, pregnant, single (for the week) momma had sinus congestion and then a nasty stomach virus. Oh, and a 3 year old who is trying new levels of patience. It was so hard to believe the truth during those moments. I actually find it incredibly encouraging to know that I am not the only mom who has untrustworthy feelings and finds it hard at times to press in to the truth. So, choosing now to press in with you!! Much love to you and yours!