11/18/11

quick 5

Hello there, Friday morning! My oldest three kids spent the night at grandma's but Tessa was up nice and early so that I could get this written before we go pick up the three amigos. Babies are so considerate, aren't they?

Here we go...

1. Three things you need to know: 1- we are Broncos fans (we as in my husband mostly but we all join in 'cause it's a family thing.) 2. Our neighbor, Veronica, is a HUGE Chiefs fan. 3)Last week the Broncos played(and beat!) the Chiefs.

So Garrett took this picture of him and the kids 'tebowing' on our neighbor's front step, and texted it to her:



2. Yesterday I was standing in Walmart trying to decide what box of tissues to buy. Isn't it annoying that the good looking boxes are never as good of a value as the tacky boxes? So I stood there trying to decide if I wanted a pretty box because I am made in God's image therefore I appreciate beauty and want to be surrounded by beautiful things, or if I'm just shallow. Then I finally decided that the tissue aisle was not the place to resolve this question. And I bought the pretty box.

3. There's a website that I really enjoy and I hope you will too. It's a group of artisans in Rwanda who have partnered with Food for the Hungry to expand their economy and sell their goods over the Internet. At first when I read it I thought, "Sheesh, kind of expensive." But then as I thought about the fact that every single product is literally made from raw materials that these people collect, prepare, and work with, I was amazed.
    



 I started to wonder if there was anything if my house made by hand from raw materials. As Americans (or westerners) sometimes we value price or thriftiness so much that we tend to undervalue the talent it takes to actually do a trade well. So if you are looking for a creative Christmas idea that would benefit African families, further the training of future artisans, and help their economy- look no further than Azizi Life.


4. Ella keeps us in stitches. We keep Ella in stitches. Ella keeps herself in stitches. Last Saturday was round three of stitches for our little lady.


As usual, she took the whole thing like a champ. We are thankful that the cut wasn't any closer to her eye and is healing up well.

5. And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell you about the tarantulas, NaNoWriMo, the mouse behind our oven, our KC trip, my car keys still missing, Aunt Mimi flying in today, feelings about early Christmas celebrations, an Advent Hunger Games theory...guess you'll just have to stay tuned!

Have a good one, folks!

No comments: