|Snack break at the carwash|
Hey there, Friday, y'ol varmint.
1. Today is my birthday and I am turning 32. Just thought I'd get that out of the way first.
2. I'm sure you've been just dying to know how our tarantula is doing. Here he (or she?) is:
Contrary to popular belief, most tarantulas are not poisonous. But there is still an *ew* factor about them, don't ya think?
3. We went bowling last weekend for the first time in a long time. Ella, in keeping with her quest for total independence by the age of four, insisted on throwing the ball herself. She actually did a fairly good job. At the beginning of the second game, I walked up with her and crouched down to cheer her on, as I had for the last game. She turned to me, all three and a half years of her, and said, "Mom, when you walk up with me it makes me look small." So I stood up and walked back.
I don't actually have anything to say about this picture- I just wanted to include it.
5.In regards to decorating my stairs, I actually e-mailed the Nester last week to ask her a question and SHE E-MAILED BACK!!!! It. Was. Awesome. (And as for a project update- still in the research phase. But I have found this and this and this.)
Here's a few links for your reading enjoyment...
- How to Brush Your Teeth Like a Revolutionary over at Chatting at the Sky
- Love this scarf knot tutorial on Sidewalk Ready
- Interesting article about Harriet Beecher Stowe (and how she wrote with a houseful of kids) over at Classical Quest
- The History Kitchen- interesting way to blend two interests...
- Emily A. Clark decorated her stairs with a quote from The Help!
- My friend, Keri, has a new blog that is almost as lovely as she is. Check it out!
- And I love this honest call to check our own hearts by Nicole over at She-Laughs (and I just love Nicole so you should read it AND attend her market in April!)
- The world would be a better place if we all lived by this e-mail checklist.
Well, I guess that is it for today! Hope your weekend has some of that sunshine that is poking through more and more.
Catch ya later!