3/8/13

quick 5


Snack break at the carwash

Hey there, Friday, y'ol varmint. 

1. Today is my birthday and I am turning 32. Just thought I'd get that out of the way first.


2. I'm sure you've been just dying to know how our tarantula is doing. Here he (or she?) is:

Ferno
Drew wanted me to take a picture of the little arachnid (and he is quite a bit smaller than this picture suggests) so that he could use it as a visual for his oral presentation at school. OK, I thought, no big deal. We'll just take the lid off his little cage and I'll snap a shot. Of course, in the back of my mind I was picturing how quickly I've seen that sneaky thing crawl up the side of his clear plastic box. He scampers up quickly- uber quickly. But I took a deep breath, pulled off the lid, and snapped a picture. And it was all uneventful. Phew. 

Contrary to popular belief, most tarantulas are not poisonous. But there is still an *ew* factor about them, don't ya think? 


3. We went bowling last weekend for the first time in a long time. Ella, in keeping with her quest for total independence by the age of four,  insisted on throwing the ball herself.  She actually did a fairly good job. At the beginning of the second game, I walked up with her and crouched down to cheer her on, as I had for the last game. She turned to me, all three and a half years of her, and said, "Mom, when you walk up with me it makes me look small." So I stood up and walked back. 

Oh, Ella...


4.


I don't actually have anything to say about this picture- I just wanted to include it. 

5.In regards to decorating my stairs, I actually e-mailed the Nester last week to ask her a question and SHE E-MAILED BACK!!!! It. Was. Awesome. (And as for a project update- still in the research phase. But I have found this and this and this.)

Here's a few links for your reading enjoyment...
Well, I guess that is it for today! Hope your weekend has some of that sunshine that is poking through more and more. 

Catch ya later!


2 comments:

Nicole @ she-laughs said...

That tarantula makes me squirm.
I love Ella.
Those boys... oh, I love them!
I love snacks at the carwash. Does this mean that the no food rule in the van has stuck? I find it impossible.

Becky said...

Nicole- the no food rule has NOT stuck. But after spending $4.00 and vacuuming out ridiculous amounts of crumbs, the rule was immediately reinstated. =)