7/31/13

and we're back...


Hey there, friend. How's summer treating you these days? 

In this old house, July has been a doozie. My cat got hit by a car and broke his pelvis. There's mices (that's the plural that you use when there's a gazillion of them) in my pantry. I bruised (or fractured? Let's hope it's bruised) my tailbone so it hurts to bend over and sit and lay down and pass gas. But I can stand pain free so that is a bonus at this point. My book and I are at an impasse; it's just a jerk- that's all I have to say about that. And I just finished my quiet month, my month of rest and reflection and renewal.  

Do I sound so tranquil to you????

It was quite a month to pull away, to unplug and try to mute some of the voices that fill my head. And while it wasn't an easy month, I do feel like my inner dialogue was quieter, was less complicated, was more focused on my life RIGHT HERE and less on everyone else's OUT THERE. Which, for me right now, was a good thing. 

And though it was a crazy month and there were so many moments that I shouted, "What? You've got to be kidding me!", one thing was true: I thought more about Jesus this month than I have in a long time. I thought about Him and his grace and my kids and my husband and my book and my friends and how He feels about all those things. And I asked him. And though he didn't say much, the asking was important. And I'm still listening- which is good.

But I'm back. And I'm glad to be back here. I haven't decided if I will really wander back to facebook, and I am definitely over a lot of the blogs I used to read. There were a few that I genuinely missed and realize that they are voices of truth for me, places of clarity and not confusion.  And the writing, the being here and processing life, this is a good place for me as well. 

So I won't get you all caught up tonight. But I just wanted to stop in and say that I made it and that I thought of this little space and that I hope we can meet up here again soon. 


I hope your July was all that you needed instead of all that you wanted. And I hope to talk a little more about the quiet and about the voices I'm choosing to leave behind. 

But that's all for tonight. 

Catch ya Friday. 

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Yay! Welcome back. :)

Heather said...

You are one of those voices for me. Clarifying. Hopeful. Thank you for writing!

Becky said...

Thanks, Tori and Heather! So nice to be welcomed back with comments =)